Schedule & Structures
Irish Winter Festival 2012 Full Event Schedule
|Date||Event||Buy-in + Reg||Time|
|Fri 26th Oct||
Main Event Super Satellite (Rebuy)
|€100 + €15||19:00
|Sat 27th Oct||Irish Winter Festival Main Event
||€1000 + €125||14:00
|Six Handed NLH Freezeout||€120 + €15||17:00|
|Turbo NLH Freezeout||€50 + €5||21:00
|Sun 28th Oct||Irish Winter Festival Main Event||Day 2||12:00
|€300 NLH Freezeout||
€300 + €35
|Pot Limit Omaha||€200 + €25||17:00
||€50 + €5 Per Person
|Mon 29th Oct||Irish Winter Festival Main Event||Day 3||14:00
|€100 NLH Freezeout||€100 + €15||14:30
|€300 NLH Freezeout||Day 2||15:00
|Pot Limit Omaha||Day 2||15:30
|Irish Mythical Championship||€100 + €15||18:00
Irish Winter Festival Main Event - €1000 + €125
- Starting Stack: 20,000
- Blinds: 60 Mins
|Level||Small Blind ||Bid Blind||Ante||Clock|
Main Event Super Satellite (Rebuy) - €100 + €15
- Starting Stack: 3,000
- Rebuy Chips: 4,000
- Add On Chips: 5,000
- Blinds: 30 mins for the 1st three levels / all levels 25 mins after this
Six Handed NLH Freezeout - €120 + €15
- Starting Stack: 10,000
- Blinds: 30 mins
Turbo NLH Freezeout - €50 + €5
- Starting Stack: 5,000
- Blinds: 15 mins
€300 NLH Freezeout - €300 + €35
- Starting Stack: 10,000
- Blinds: 45 mins
Pot Limit Omaha - €200 + €25
- Starting Stack: 10,000
- Clock: 40 mins
Doubles NLH - €50 + €5 Per Player
1. Two players per team
2. Each team will receive 10,000 in Tournament Chips.
3. Player 1 begins the tournament with 5,000 in Tournament Chips. If he/she is eliminated, Player 2 will immediately join the tournament with 5,000 in Tournament Chips. Player 1 will return to play at the start of level 3.
4. If Player 1 is not eliminated in level 1, Player 2 will start level 2 with 5k in Tournament Chips PLUS the chips that Player 1 ended Level 1 with.
5. Players will then alternate every level
6. All levels last 20 minutes.
7. Play will continue until a winner has been determined.
8. If this event is running long, the tournament director reserves the right to suspend play and resume the following day.
9. Normal Irish Winter Festival No Limit Hold’em rules will apply
10. During play only one player may be seated in the tournament. Only the player seated at the table can play the hand.
11. There can be no discussion about a hand in play between team members
12. Team members not playing live must remain outside the playing area.
13. Any team discussing a hand will be given a penalty by the TD. Repeated violation could result in removal from the tournament. In this instance both players will be eliminated.
14. Prize money will be paid out in a 50/50 split.
€100 + €15 NLH Freezeout
- Starting Stack: 10,000
- Blinds: 20 mins
Irish Mythical Championship
1. Registration for the Irish Mythical Championship event will close PROMPTLY 15 minutes before the start time. No late registration will be accepted after this time.
2. Seating assignments will be determined by a random draw and will not be transferable.
3. In the first round of the Mythical tournament, a number of players may be randomly awarded a free pass to the second round if deemed necessary by the overall number of tournament entrants.
4. The Mythical tournament will be played in the form of heats. The first heat will commence at 6pm sharp and each subsequent round will commence on the hour thereafter.
5. The following penalties will occur if a player joins any heat of the Mythical tournament late:
- If a player misses the first hand of a heat they will automatically be awarded 40 points
- If a player misses the second hand of a heat their points total will be increased to 80
- If a player misses the third hand of a heat they will be eliminated from the tournament
6. There will be a maximum of five players at each table and a minimum of three players at the start of each heat, with the exception of the final heads-up situation.
- Where there are five players at a table, three players will be eliminated and two players will commence to the next heat.
- Where there are four players at a table, two players will be eliminated and two players will commence to the next heat.
- Where there are three players at a table, one player will be eliminated and two players will commence to the next heat.
7. If a player is not sitting in their assigned seat when the first card of a hand is dealt they will be not be permitted to play this hand and will be awarded a 40 point penalty.
8. Players begin each heat with 0 points. Once a player reaches 151 points they will be eliminated and must leave the table as play continues with the remaining players.
9. If two or more players exceed 151 points in the same hand, the person with the highest overall points will be eliminated.
10. When down to heads up at the final table, their points will revert back to 0 and they will play best of 3 (first to reach 101 is loser in each game)
11. Two decks of cards will be used at each table.
12. Players will cut the deck for deal. Ace will count as low for this purpose and the highest card will commence dealing. Thereafter the winner of a hand will deal the subsequent round.
13. Each player is dealt 10 cards face down with the deal going clockwise. The dealer then places the top card of the deck face up on the table for the game to commence.
14. Each player must confirm to the dealer that they have 10 cards before play commences. Only when all players have confirmed can the dealer turn up the first card.
15. In circumstances where a dealer gives a player the incorrect amount of cards and commences play without first confirming their deal was correct, they may be penalised at the discretion of the tournament director.
16. If any player has more than ten cards and the first card is turned, the player must finish their hand with that number of cards. If they has less than 10 cards they must, on their first turn, take a card from the deck and not throw out.
17. A player with 11 or more cards cannot finish with 4 sets or 3 quads. They must have at least one Straight Flush. A player with 11 or more cards is still entitled to use a Mythical card.
18. Players will not be permitted to ‘mix’ at any time during the padypowerpoker.com Irish Mythical Championship event.
19. In any set or 4-of-a-kind, each card must be a different suit.
20. An Ace may only play as low in a straight flush (A-2-3 is a legitimate hand but Q-K-A is not)
21. A ‘Mythical’ card is an imaginary card that may be used to finish a player’s hand. All cards in the hand must be used in order to finish, whether with or without a Mythical card.
22. After a player has taken a card they must dispose of one card from their hand, or alternatively throw the card they have just taken. Throwing the card signals the end of the turn. If a player throws and then declares to be out they must wait one rotation before the game ends.
23. A player is deemed to be "out" when they have no cards in his hand which do not fit into either a straight flush, a set or 4-of-a-kind.
24. If a player declared that they are out and places their cards on the table when, in fact, they are not out they must then leave their cards on the table and play on. They may only take face down cards from the deck and not from the discard pile until they or someone else is out. Players will not be permitted to change the composition of their hand on the table.
25. Once a player has won the hand, each other player must then place their cards on the table in sets, quads and straight flushes and the point total of each players remaining cards is used to determine the score.
26. At the end of a hand each player must verify their points to the winner of that particular hand before they throw away their cards. A player who mucks their cards before verifying their points will be penalised at the discretion of the tournament director.
27. Each player, whether they are out or not, is allowed only one Mythical card to use in their hand. This can be used when putting hands down to determine points.
28. The face value of each card is the equivalent value for points. Picture cards are all worth ten, as are aces.
29. If the winning hand includes a Mythical card, each remaining losing player must add 5 points to their total. If the winning hand does not include a Mythical card, each remaining losing player must add 10 points to their total.
30. Players may not use a mobile phone while at the table.
31. Players may not ask for a change of deck.
32. Players must have respect for other players and tournament directors. If they do not they may be subject to a penalty.
33. English must be spoken at all times during a hand.
34. The tournament director is to consider fairness and the best interest of the game as the top priority in the decision-making process. Unusual circumstances can on occasion dictate that decisions in the interest of fairness take priority over the technical rules. The Tournament Directors decision is final.